Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How Jesus Works

On our family walk tonight (I'm trying to stimulate labor), Grace and I had the following conversation:
G:  Mommy, when you walk, you have to be very careful about cars in driveways.
Me: That's right because they can't always see you if you're behind them.
G:  Right.  And, if they ran over you, you would get flat.  And, people can't walk if they're flat.
Me:  Oh, really?
G:  Yes.  And if they get flat, then Jesus will have to come out of their hearts and put them back together.  
Me:  So, that's how Jesus works?
G:  Yes, it sure is.

*Side note:  I had my 39-week check-up today.  My doctor couldn't see me because he was delivering someone's baby (unfortunately, not mine).  So, instead, I saw his midwife.  She said I was 2 cm dilated and that the baby's head is REALLY low.  She predicted that I would go into labor this weekend, if not sooner.  And, since that time (around 11:30), I've been having contractions.  For a while, they were getting closer together, but they've leveled out a bit now.  We'll see what happens tonight...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

i'm sure you are so ready! can't wait to see pics of baby brother and his big sisters:0