Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

It's been a wonderful day celebrating the resurrection of our Lord. Each year, I struggle more with trying to balance the true message of Easter with the commercial version. We spent the 12 days before Easter doing resurrection eggs and reading the story from their children's Bible. They call it the "Ouchie Story" because Jesus gets ouchies on his hands and feet. I'm confident that they know that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and that he is risen. Our church has also done a great job of teaching the true meaning of Easter. On Palm Sunday, Travis and I had our first experience teaching Sunday School for Grace's class. All the children were given palm branches, and a guitar player led a procession of "Ho, Ho, Ho Hosanna" through the halls and into the courtyard. They had a band leading the music and then presented the story of Jesus entering Jerusalem on Palm Sunday. The kids waved their palm branches, and shouted "hosanna" as Jesus rode in on a donkey. It was awesome. Thankfully, we were able to get all 18 kids into the courtyard and back to the classroom safely! Travis and I are really looking forward to teaching once a month, not only because it allows us to spend extra time with Grace, but also because we hope to have an impact on the children's lives.

Our Easter morning started with a visit from the Easter Bunny. He left lots of fun things and yummy treats.
There's nothing like candy for breakfast. We then headed off to church for an inspiring Easter message. They started the service with a great video, which got everyone's attention, including my three squirmy children. By the grace of God, they made it through the entire service without crying, screaming or poopy diapers!

After an inspiring Easter message at church, we attempted to get a family picture. Thank you, Poppy, for being our (very) patient photographer. I love that our little man was in my tummy last year and in my arms this year!
Poppy and his girls--all in pink.
Oh, how I love this baby boy.
We had a delicious lunch with family at home. Our favorite place to be. The kids were spoiled as usual and enjoyed eating and playing with their Easter goodies.
The Easter Bunny hid eggs during lunch, and the girls couldn't wait to start their egg hunt. Sutton observed from the comfort of my arms, and Grace found his eggs for him. He gobbled up the puffs and yogurt melts he found inside them.
This is Ella's reaction to, "That's all the eggs!"
I attempted a photo shoot in their cute bunny shirts. I just doesn't work with all three at the same time, but I got some cute individual shots.
Grace has mixed feelings about my camera, but she happily posed for me today. We searched high and low (or all over North Park) for a pair of pink flip flops with "no heels" (straps). These fit the bill, and she wears them all the time.
My goodness. She's definitely growing up.
Aunt Jeannette and Cousin Terri brought her this from Egypt. How cool is that! They obviously know that she loves all things pink and sparkly.
Add Image
These boys adore each other, and they look alike, too.
What a wonderful day. He is Risen!

No comments: