Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend 2010

We started Easter weekend with a visit from Poppy and Dory. Dory left with Bubba for Sonora on Friday morning, and we missed having her around. But, we managed to have fun. We made these treats for the girls' classmates.
Then, we made "nest" cupcakes (yellow cake with chocolate icing) completely from scratch. Gracie loves being my helper, and she's so good at it. She's pretty cute, too.
We also dyed eggs. Patience isn't Ella's most developed virtue yet, and she lost interest pretty quickly; although, she did say "wow" at least a hundred times during those 10 minutes. Grace liked experimenting with different colors, and I'm upset that I didn't get a picture of our final products. They were beautiful!
Sutton felt left out until I filled a bowl with plastic eggs and let him play along.
Poppy is such a great entertainer. He wears them out, and they return the favor :)
This little peanut just couldn't wait to eat icing after her nap.
Beautiful weather is such a blessing. I love that it allows us to spend so much time enjoying our backyard. The kids still love the "airport" (aka fort/playset) and they enjoy rides in the "dragon" (aka wagon).
Grace loves picking dandelions, and I think its a big reason we have, "probably, like, a couple hundred" of them in the our backyard.

No comments: