After dinner at Chuy's, Ella had guacamole on her eyebrow and proclaimed, "I hab sauce on my eyebrown! I hab sauce on my eyebrown!"
Ella over-uses the word probably and says it "pra-ly." As in, "Uh, oh. No more ice cream. We pra-ly need a go to the store" and "I pra-ly need to take a bath" and "It's pra-ly a church day." Both she and Grace are very cognizant of the days of the week. We have gymnastics days (Mondays), school days (Tuesdays and Thursdays), ballet days (Wednesdays), no work days (Fridays), church days (Wednesdays and Sundays), and picture days (which is so funny because we don't have them very often). Each morning, Grace asks, "Is it a school day? A church day? Ballet day? Picture day?" If the answer is "no" to everything, she yells, "Yea! It's a nothing day!"
The other night just as we sat down for dinner, Grace said, "Wait, Mom. I just got a textmail."
Ella is a total sweetheart. She reminds me so much of Grace in this way. She's always concerned about other people, and especially her family. When they came down for breakfast the other morning to find "Dory donuts" (aka powdered donuts), and Dory handed one to Ella, she responded, "Where's Gracie's?" She wouldn't even take a bite until her sister had one. And, when she saw Grandma's bandaids on Easter Sunday (which were the result of a fall), she looked so worried and kept asking her, "Grandma. You fine? You fine, Grandma? You hab ouchies? You fall down? You fine now?"
Grace obsesses about her outfits. I'm not sure it's a good thing, so hopefully it's just a phase. Sometimes, after she goes to bed, she'll call me on the monitor. "Momma. I need to tell you something." When I go upstairs and ask what she needs, she'll say, "Okay. I know I picked out the hot pink dress, and that's fine, but I really don't want to wear socks or tights. I just want to wear my pink shiny ballet shoes. No socks or tights, okay? And, instead of wearing a headband, I think I just want pigtails. That's your favorite, right? Will that work?" Oh, dear. My 4-year-old is a fashionista.
And, so is my 2-year-old. To keep the kids entertained while I prepare dinner, I'll let them look through the supermarket ads and ask them to find certain items. Grace is totally into it. Sutton likes to crumple and tear the paper. And, Ella takes all her clothes off and makes dresses out of the ads. "Look, Momma. It's feautiful!"



1 comment:
so funny! :) I was JUST LIKE your little fashionista at 5 years old. I can vividly remember picking my next day's outfit out for school the night before, trying it on and hanging it up in the hallway --- from the earrings to the shoes and matching laces --- to be ready for the next morning...it was SUPER important to me. I have since become much less organized about planning my outfits, but I still think clothes are FUN.
Here's to Grace...and her fashion concious little soul!
Post a Comment