At Grace's parent-teacher conference for the spring semester, her teachers confirmed what we already know about her. She's a wonderful student and incredibly sweet and considerate. She's doing great and is above where she needs to be for her age. She has complete upper and lower case letter and sound recognition and likes to point out letters and sound out words. They think she'll be reading within the next six months. They also commented that she's very competitive and serious about her work. We are so proud of her!
We had Ella's first parent-teacher conference this week. I'll admit that I was a little nervous. She exhibits normal 2-year-old behavior at home. We hear lots of "I do it myself!" and "no help me" and "no, I got it; it's my turn!" coupled with temper tantrums and fits of frustration when we don't let her do things her way. We've also questioned her ability to hear, given that she doesn't seem to listen well. She also regularly tells us, "I don't like school! Yea, it's not a school day!" Much to our surprise, her teachers said, "Ella loves school!" What? She's got us fooled! Their first comments were "she's very sweet, very smart and very interested in learning." They said she plays well with her friends, listens to directions well, and they never have to ask her twice to eat her lunch (no real surprise). They're impressed by her smarts and think she's going to continue to excel. What a blessing. Way to go, Ella!



1 comment:
Yay Grace and Ella!!
Funny, Michele - my two seem to reflect yours almost exactly... Stevie's always been above where she's needed to be, by two to three years at least! And I SERIOUSLY questioned whether Ava was autistic or not because she wasn't talking by age 2, she didn't sing... she refused to listen to ANYONE!! But we put her in a sort of part time pre-school and since then she has blossomed and WON'T SHUT UP! haha
Isn't it tough to not compare our children?? But it's true, as the books say. You simply can't do it because they're all so different!
Post a Comment